Making money with a blog… this is a new concept that is hard to explain to your family and friends. And the worst and most frustrating part is when they ask you when you’ll quit from this “hobby” and find a “real” job, even if you are making thousands of dollars per month.
I’m sure that most of the regular people believe that blogging is just a hobby or passion and that is impossible to make money from it… because you have no boss, no fixed schedule and you spend all your day in front of the computer writing…
This kind of people can’t understand that bloggers:
- Can set their own hours and work from wherever they want;
- Bloggers are their own boss;
- We run a digital business so the way we generate revenue is by selling products and services and not trading hours for money;
- Etc, etc.
Despite this frustrating fact about how regular people see bloggers, it’s totally possible to earn a lot of money blogging. And if you keep reading this article, you’ll discover exactly how much money do bloggers make.
So how much money is it possible to make blogging?
If you plan to start your own blog, quit your job and live from blogging, this will be the question that you’ll knock your head to discover the answer.
And the answer is that it will vary depending of:
- Your niche
- How long have you been blogging
- How much traffic (visitors) you are getting
- The way you’ll monetize your blog
- And countless other factors.
But here’s a glimpse of what is possible:
- Some very new blogs can make anywhere from a fat zero to $1,000 per month.
- Some others can make anywhere from $1,000 to $10,000+ per month.
- And the old and top bloggers run by professionals can make anywhere from $20,000 to over $100,000 per month.
Yep, it’s not a mistake, top bloggers run by one single person (and maybe one or two Virtual Assistants) can make over $100,000 per month.
I know that it seems impossible, but I know personally several top bloggers making this huge amount of money from their blogs.
Here are some example of super successful and profitable blogs:
- MakingSenseofCents: It’s a blog about personal finance, and blogging tips. The owner, Michelle is making over $100,000/month.
- SmartPassiveIncome: Pat Flynn also makes over $100,000/month mainly promoting affiliate products and services.
- SurvivalLife: This is a huge blog about survival, making over 1 million dollars per month.
- Avocadu: A blog about health and fitness, Lauren makes around $50,000/month selling her guides and promoting affiliate offers.
As you can see these are big numbers and a dream for 99% of us.
How much do bloggers make per post?
This is a question asked a lot and I’ll direct to the point: Not all posts will bring money to your pocket.
Generally, the combination of all your posts will bring you revenue.
For most blogs, posts are just a form to attract traffic from SEO or social media sites like Facebook or Pinterest. But this is not the only purpose of posts.
Different types of posts can have different goals: for example, you can pre-sell a product or service using a specific type of post, you can write a post just to increase trust on your site or maybe to collect email leads from your readers.
So, in the end, it’s completely not important to focus on how much do bloggers get paid per post, because it’s not a safe or useful metric to worry about.
But how much money do a new blogger can make?
Now, you know that old and professional bloggers can earn a fortune with their blogs. But this is a pretty vague question if we try to estimate how much exactly a new blog can make.
There are many variables that will have an effect on how much money you’ll earn. But here’s an approximate answer:
- The majority of bloggers – around 70% of them will earn $100 or less per month.
- The rest will make around $1,000 per month.
- And a minority of new bloggers, like 1-2% will make thousands.
Unfortunately, the majority of new bloggers will not make any real money.
Why it’s so hard for beginners bloggers making money?
The reality is that blogging is not a get rich fast scheme, instead, it’s like any other business. And real business requires tons of dedication to succeed, otherwise, your competitors that are online for years will always win.
And as a new blogger, you’ll need to learn:
- How to write useful articles that your readers will want to invest time to check it;
- How to get tons of visitors to your traffic;
- How to monetize your traffic, aka how to make money with your blog;
- How to design images.
- Tons of other small activities.
As you can see, becoming a successful blogger is not a simple task. There are several things you must master if you plan to make tons of money blogging. And here’s come the big problem…
Blogging is overwhelming, especially for those that are starting now. There are so many tasks that you must learn and for this reason, most “wanna be bloggers” will simply quit before they see some success.
So here’s the answer why most beginner bloggers don’t make any real money: they quit so easily.
And maybe the worst part, many will quit when they are near of finding some success with their blogs. Below are another few reasons why most bloggers will fail:
- Expecting tons of results with small investment: do you plan to earn $10,000 per month after only 3 months of blogging? And without any big investment from your part?
- Not taking action: it’s impossible to make money blogging if you invest only 2 hours per week on your blog. Blogging is like any other real business and you don’t see people getting millionaires with their business working only a few hours per day.
- Not having a solid plan: do you write about anything that comes in your head? You don’t want to learn about SEO or about how to write better? If you don’t know exactly what you are doing, don’t expect to make a monetary return.
It’s very common for people to follow all these 3 mistakes. And as soon as you fix it, faster you’ll start making money.
So it’s impossible for a new blog to succeed and make money?
If you read this post until this point, maybe you got a little disappointed and maybe you want to give up of being a professional blogger. But the truth is that the internet is a huge place and every day there are new people looking for new information.
And if you are willing to work hard, if you have patience and persistence the odds to succeed can be very high. I already noticed several bloggers that had no previous knowledge and experience about blogging, becoming extremely successful after only 1 or 2 years.
The point is to never give up.
Like anything else in your life, the only and real “secret” is to never give up, and there will be always a chance to succeed, sooner or later you can get there.
Here’s how to Easily Succeed
The first obvious step is to start your blog if you still haven’t. And the second step is to take action!
In these last decades, our society turned us into people that can’t admit failure and that we must first learn everything is possible just to take action when we feel 100% prepared.
So think less and act more!
Want to know extra tips to make money with your blog? So act now, start your blog and follow these advices below: